This policy is written for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and to meet GDPR law (this includes any documents referred to in it) and it lets you know how your personal information is being collected, stored, and shared and this is line with EU General Data Protection Regulations.
I make every effort to keep all information confidential. Your personal information is stored securely and confidentially. Data is collected for legitimate business reasons and your consent is required in order you receive the service.
At Counselling by Jane and Creature Comforts Counselling, I am fully committed to keep my web sites maintained and user friendly.
May I reassure you that I never sell, or give clients email addresses to any other companies for marketing.
At your initial appointment you will be given a copy of this Privacy Notice to sign, this is simply to acknowledge you have received a copy of this policy. You will also receive an information leaflet and a copy of our signed counselling agreement.
THE PRINCIPLES OF HOW AND WHY I GAIN YOUR INFORMATION
To ensure compliance with GDRP, I Jane Hupston will ensure that your Personal Data will be:
- Handled and Processed lawfully, in a fair and transparent way.
- Taken only for legitimate reasons.
- Only necessary, accurate, and relevant information will be taken.
- Is kept up to date
- Is processed with your data security in mind.
I am the data protection officer, so if you wish to view and amend or delete your personal details I hold, then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 07792847171.
COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION
- Using the contact form on this website gives me your contact details and tells me that you require further information on the services I offer.
- Contact made by letter or email, or other person detail records and correspondence may be kept, for 7 years after we cease to work together.
- My website is pretty straightforward and the only place data from you will be collected is through the contact form – which is SSL protected so fully encrypted, as is the rest of my website.
THE STORING OF YOUR YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Personal data collected by the contact form via my Hotmail site will be sent to my email address or will be stored on the server inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). THIS site is encrypted and has SLL padlock in situ.
- Data is mainly stored in a paper format, in a locked cabinet. Your phone number is kept on my mobile, which is password protected.
- Your identifiable information is kept separately from any session notes and are linked by a unique number.
HOW LONG WILL I STORE YOUR DATA FOR AND HOW WILL IT BE DISPOSED OF?
- I will keep any notes for 7 years as required by my Indemnity Insurance Policy.
- I will delete your phone number from my mobile within 3 months after our work finishes
USES OF THE INFORMATION
- I will provide you with information, on my service, on your request, which I feel you need, or where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- I will advise you regarding any changes to the service I offer.
- Existing clients, will be contacted by electronic means or by letter to the addresses you provide.
I may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following reasons:
- This also includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations in the case of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Under no circumstances, I will NOT process your personal data for any marketing purposes.
- This site may contain links to and from the websites to other partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you access these sites by the link I provide, please understand I do not accept liability or responsibility for you visiting or their website safety, or the policies they provide.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- The site may record statistical data about our clients’ browsing actions and patterns but this does not identify you or any individual personally.
- This information about your general Internet usage may be by using a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. These Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Using cookies helps improve the site and helps me deliver an improved and a more personalised service. They help estimate the visitors usage and size of audience and can recognise returning customers.
- If this is, so a pop up window warning if cookies are being used will appear. If you wish not to accept cookies, you can activate this setting on your browser. However, access certain parts of our site may be inaccessible.
- Please see below in NOTES section for any third party information
The following personal details will be taken and recorded when you enquire or at the assessment of your needs:
- Name & Age – This information helps me get to know you and the age range of client I am seeing.
- Address, email, & telephone number – for contacting you.
- Doctor – Incase there is a risk I may need to make contact (or to other agencies). I will always discuss this with you in advance if there is a need to do this.
- Session notes: Notes are usually taken but kept to a minimum. These notes remind me of anything I may want to discuss with you and any risks and my actions may be recorded.
- Emergency contact In case anything happens to you within our session, for instance if you become suddenly ill and I needed to contact someone.
- Family and network available to you
- Sensitive Personal Data (“Special Category Data”) This information helps me to get to know you and make an initial assessment of your circumstances including any history of depression, anxiety, or other issues. Some of the sensitive personal data including ethnic origin, religious beliefs and physical and mental health will only be used to provide a counselling service in accordance with legal obligations. Sensitive personal data is stored as part of your clinical notes which are anonymised with a unique code. Your personal information links to your clinical notes using a unique code. This code is stored in a separate location and password protected.
- Allergies to pets – to check you wont react to cats or dogs I keep on the premises.
- Use of CORE monitoring forms – identifiable by a unique code, usually done initially and on every review (8 weeks) to establish risk, or highlight any improvements.
HOW I SHARE YOUR DATA
Consent – I may share your information with other professionals whom you have requested or agreed I should contact. However,
your data will not be shared with anyone else unless:
- I am subpoenaed by court.
- If you or anyone is at risk of harm, I may have to pass this information on to the relevant professionals. (This would be discussed with you first). This will include if there is any risk of child abuse, money laundering, or in the interests of terrorism.
- When I provide counselling to an individual I have to have regular supervision. This is anonymous and to discuss my work, with a suitable qualified Counsellor, in order to keep my clients safe and to help with ongoing training needs.
RIGHT TO ACCESS
You have the right to view your personal information, free of charge, in an electronic or paper format. You also can ask me to amend or change any incorrect information about you.
RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
You have the right to ask me to erase any information that I hold about you. This includes your information no longer relevant to original purposes, or if you wish to withdraw consent. This does not include information I have a legal obligation to retain.
As the client, you have the right to receive your personal information which you previously provided, and also have the right to transfer that information to another party. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018, the data “controller” is Jane Hupston.
DATA PROTECTION ACCOUNTABILITY
If you wish to complain about how your data is handled, in the first instance contact, Jane Hupston, who is the Data Controller at Counselling by Jane and Creature Comforts Counselling. I am registered with the ICO, should you need to contact them for any reason.
When you visit this site, Google Analytics may collect login patterns and plot how site visitors behave, and which parts of the site they visit. No personal details of the site visitor are identified.
My website is hosted by Website Services, and they have informed me that my website won’t collect any other data from you, they just have access to admin and updates. Please feel free to check their data policy should you be concerned further.
Also WordPress.com (owners of the WordPress platform itself, may collect their own data for the general use of the website or information on cookies, commenters on my pages, without my direct knowledge.
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details on advertising cookies, and how to manage them, visit youronlinechoices.eu (EU based), or aboutads.info (US based).
Like many other Web sites, www.counsellingbyjane.co.uk makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons